Friday, December 21, 2012

Alabama's Barrett Jones Talks About Foot Injury

Senior center Barrett Jones rode a stationary bike in Alabama's first postseason practice of the year. His left foot is in a cast, and he'll probably be held out of practices until December 26th. Doctors will reevaluate him when he returns from Christmas break on December 27th.
When Jones met with reporters after practice on Tuesday on crutches, he didn't even wait for a question.
"All right. Sprained foot. Gonna be fine. Can't wait to play. That's that," Jones said.
"My foot is sprained. I'll be playing in the game. I'll be fine. I'll have this cast on I don't know how much longer, but not much longer. I'll be alright. That's all we're talking about the foot," Jones said.
Jones injured his foot during the first quarter of the Tide's 32-28 victory over George on December 1 in the SEC Championship game. He played through the injury, leaving for the locker room for just one play during the second quarter.
"I knew my teammates needed me. It never crossed my mind to come out," Jones said.
Jones has just a couple more weeks to recover from the foot sprain before Alabama's BCS Championship with No. 1 Notre Dame on January 7th. Coach Nick Saban hopes that Jones will be ready for the game. "He should be ok by then, but these things you've got to take day to day," Saban said.
'Everything Jones is doing is precautionary," Saban added.
Jones won the Rimington Award for the nation's top center, and has helped Alabama keep a balanced offense. He already has two national championship rings.
If you believe have a foot problem and do not currently see a podiatrist, call one of our six locations to make an appointment.
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Podiatrists in CT
Visit our website, friend and like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter.


    Enhanced by Zemanta

    No comments:

    Post a Comment