Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lady Gaga Cancels Concerts, Suffering From Synovitis

Lady Gaga announced Tuesday that she was cancelling three tour dates due to a condition called synovitis
Gaga's fans are very dedicated to the singer, and she to them, so cancelling concerts was not a task done lightly. She tweeted, "I hardly know what to say. I've been hiding a show injury and chronic pain for sometime now, over the past month it has worsened. I've been praying it would heal. I hid it from my staff, I didn't want to disappoint my amazing fans. However after last night's performance I could not walk and still can't."
Gaga is under doctor's orders to cancel concerts in Chicago, Detroit, and Hamilton, Ontario. "I am completely devastated and heartsick. To the fans in Chicago, Detroit, and Hamilton, I hope you can forgive me as it is nearly impossible for me to forgive myself right now. I would do anything for you. I will hopefully heal as soon as possible and be at 500% again, which is what you deserve," she said. 
So what exactly is synovitis? We're not sure if Lady Gaga is suffering from synotivis in the feet or ankles, but it is a condition that does affect those areas. Typically synovitis is associated with arthritis or gout, but as in Gaga's case, it can be caused by overuse or trauma. Symptoms include redness, swelling, warmth, and pain with joint motion. 
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms in your feet or ankles, seek evaluation from a podiatrist immediately, who will confirm the diagnosis and rule out other possible conditions, like a fracture or infection. The podiatrist may take a fluid sample from the affected area to analyze it for inflammatory cells or order x-rays.
Treatment, fortunately for Lady Gaga, is quite simple. It includes rest, ice, immobilization, and oral anti-inflammatory drugs, like ibuprofen, and may also include steroid injections in the joint. In longstanding cases, surgery may be required. 
Put on your best poker face, Gaga!
If you believe have a foot problem and do not currently see a podiatrist, call one of our six locations to make an appointment.
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Podiatrists in CT
Visit our website, friend and like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment