Wednesday, June 26, 2013

No Dancing In the Moonlight For Singer Jessie J

There will be no dirty dancing in the moonlight for singer Jessie J, as she continues to struggle with
complications from a broken foot she sustained in June 2011. 
The singer will undergo surgery later this year to remove a metal plate which was inserted in her broken foot in 2011. The "Domino" singer recently reinjured her foot during a gig rehearsal in London and has spent weeks getting around on crutches. 
At the time of the original injury in 2011, Jessie J underwent extensive reconstructive surgery, getting a bone transplant and fusion, as well as metal fittings and plate in her foot. After the surgery she sat on a gilded throne at the Glastonbury Festival while her foot was in a surgical boot. She went against doctor's orders to stay out of high heels, saying "Come on foot. I believe in you. Pop back in and behave! Ouch!" 
Jessie J recently revealed that she visited a physical therapist to pop the bone in her foot back in place.
She told England's Daily Mirror, "I'm getting some time off at Christmas and I'm having surgery to have the plate removed. It is flicking against my bone and causing a lot of pain. I hurt my ankle about two years ago and it's still causing me a lot of discomfort.
"The foot is still bruised and swells up because it won't heal, so I'm having the metal taken out. It sets off the security systems at airports and when I sit down it gets cold... I'm hoping it will be sorted at Christmas then it will be done and dusted and I can have some down time."
Reference: Star Pulse and The Podiatry Center.
If you believe have a foot problem and do not currently see a podiatrist, call one of our six locations to make an appointment.
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Podiatrists in CT
Visit our website, like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment