Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bowler Trent Copeland Trips, Injures Ankle

Trent Copeland had never been injured before while bowling for Australia or New Zealand, but injured his ankle Tuesday while running drinks.
Copeland was trying to get a helmet to Brad Haddin during the Blues' Sheffield Shields clash against Victoria when he tripped and fell on the deck.
The right-hander went for scans Tuesday and reported he will be out until Christmas with the ankle injury. Copeland made his Test debut for Australia a little more than a year ago, and was deeply embarrassed when he felt his ankle go out under him.
"I realized Victoria had taken the second new ball and I had to get 'Hadds helmet to him. I turned around thinking I was on a flat part, but I was on an edge of a step," said Copeland.
"I had to get carried inside, and it was pretty painful. There's no break, which is good, but it's a high-grade lateral ligament sprain in a couple of places. I've never been injured and never missed a game of cricket through injury- I've bowled a million overs and never been injured, but you have to look out for those steps."
Ironically, Copeland's wife, Australian netballer Kimberly Green, is also suffering from a foot injury.
Fans were surprised when Copeland was made 12th man on the team, given his 14 wickets at 21.64 in three Shields games this summer for the Blues. The 26 year old still holds out hope for a Test recall, and would love to add to his three Test caps, be it next summer or after.
"I've had some good performances this summer, and when Pup (Michael Clarke) played games with us, he was talking about how well I was bowling and what fields to set. I've had doubts; given the right scenario I'll still play Test cricket, and whether it's this summer or two years' time, I don't know. I definitely still have aspirations. Pup knows I still want to play, and so would everyone else at Cricket Australia," said Copeland.
If you believe have a foot problem and do not currently see a podiatrist, call one of our six locations to make an appointment.
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Podiatrists in CT
Visit our website, like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment