Sunday, March 16, 2014

Actor Timothy West Breaks Ankle

Veteran British actor Timothy West is confined to a wheelchair while he recovers from a broken ankle. 
The Day of the Jackal star received the injury in a fall and underwent an operation to repair the damage. 
His ankle was set in plaster and the actor has been using crutches and a wheelchair to get around.
Wst, 79, was concerned the injury would cost him his new job on the U.K. soap opera EastEnders, and was relieved when the TV bosses assured him they would accommodate his injury. 
Speaking on the U.K. TV show The Alan Titchmarsh Show, West said, "As you can see I'm on crutches which is not my permanent state- employers please note- I just happened to fall over and break my ankle... I had to... ring up the EastEnders people and say, 'Look, I've broken my ankle. I'm terribly sorry.' They said, 'Oh no, that's perfectly alright... we'll write that in.' I said, 'No, you don't understand- I've had an operation, I'm in plaster.' (They said) 'That's alright that doesn't bother us.' (I said) 'I have to move about in a wheelchair'- 'Alright we can get you a wheelchair'- they were terrific."
Reference: Contact Music
If you believe have a foot problem and do not currently see a podiatrist, call one of our six locations to make an appointment.
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Podiatrists in CT
Visit our website, like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment