Sunday, January 5, 2014

Celebrities Recovering From Foot Injuries, Surgery

There have been several celebrities in the past several weeks who have been in the news with foot injuries or recovering from foot surgery. Winter is a common time of year for people to injure their foot or ankle and extra precautions need to be taken so you don't spend most of your time on the couch recuperating!
Supermodel Iman is recovering from foot surgery she had right before Christmas. The 58 year old is being nursed back to health by her rock star husband, David Bowie. The exact type of surgery she had is unknown, but it could potentially be on the fracture she sustained last year. Iman was forced to give up high heels for a while as the fracture healed. 
Last Monday Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden fell while skiing in the Alps and sprained her ankle. The 36 year old princess was spending a short holiday in Cervinia in northeast Italy with her husband, Prince Daniel and their daughter Estelle, and King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia. Victoria was taken by private helicopter to Aosta and then to Geneva, Switzerland, where she was seen by doctors.
Actress Christina Applegate had to give up her Broadway stint in the 2005 revival of Sweet Charity because of a broken foot sustained during a preview. She has branded her time as "awful" after getting the broken foot and receiving several bad reviews. The dance moves Applegate was supposed to do were deemed too intricate by a doctor for the type of injury she had and she was replaced by an understudy.
Applegate told Britain's The Independent, "I don't think disappointing is a word that can describe how awful that whole experience was, how sad it was. I'd been working so hard, dancing my butt off, and once it (her foot) was broken, I could never do the show the way I'd rehearsed it."
However, it wasn't just her broken foot that caught the attention of critics- it was her singing voice. "I'm not musically inclined in any way, shape or form. I faked my way through Broadway. Trust me on that. A lot of the reviews were 'Her voice was just horrible.' I was a dancer and I would have loved to continue with dancing. I always thought that was what I was going to do, as a kid, dance on Broadway."
Leonardo DiCaprio has been on the red carpet promoting his new movie The Wolf of Wall Street with a limp. DiCaprio sprained his ankle at home after flooring gave way under his foot.
The Hollywood hunk's Los Angeles mansion has been under renovations and he was left on the floor writhing in pain after twisting his ankle. He told entertainment show Extra, "I sprained my ankle... You feel silly just saying, 'I sprained my ankle', but it does hurt."
DiCaprio has continued promoting his new movie despite of the injury.
References: Contact MusicDaily StarHollywood.comContact Music
If you believe have a foot problem and do not currently see a podiatrist, call one of our six locations to make an appointment.
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Podiatrists in CT
Visit our website, like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment